Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My Women: Sentinelles



Dijanne Cevaal is a fiber artist who lives in Australia.  She has created Sentinelles which is a woman silk screened on dyed fabric by Dijanne.  The panels are all different colors and have the same woman on them.  We (Sisters in Cloth & Friends) were challenged with decorating them and then returning them for a shows around the world.

My goal was to finish one of my two women for this world tour.  My women were peach and pink.  I started with the peach one and started with the beading and then found her dress material at JoAnn Fabric which I then ran embroidery thread the dress.  I did her face last when she finally talked with me.  I then started on the pink women and was able to finish it (see below).

As of this writing, the Sentinelles will be going to: 

  • Voix au Feminin at Palaiseau which is a satellite city of Paris form March 5 - 22, 2014
  • Textile Festival in Canberra May 2 - 5, 2014
  • Berry Retreat August 29 - 31, 2014






 



No comments:

Post a Comment